Friday, September 08, 2006

Childhood Therapy Traumatized Sigourney Weaver

This news article seen here, via the Starpulse News Blog

Sigourney Weaver was traumatized as a child after being forced to undergo therapy by her parents. The star, who was 13 years old at the time, was made to see a therapist after her parents accused her of being abnormally uncommunicative.

Weaver insists she was just behaving as all teenagers do - but her parents were convinced something was seriously wrong with her and arranged the soul-searching sessions for her.

Weaver says, "It was very hard for me to understand that because I felt there was something wrong with me. They decided they were having trouble communicating with me. I wasn't a very happy child. I never even spoke to the psychiatrist. I was a normal teenager, and teenagers hate telling their parents anything."

No comments: