Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Death By Seizure Disorder

As seen on the husband's weblog

I woke up on the 16th and looked over on the the other bed, my wife was thrashing about, she said that she felt very bad, that she had been up most of the previous evening with hot and cold sweats, she said that she had soaked through her nightgown with sweat and thought she must have a fever, she said that she felt very nauseous and had thrown up several times, she told me that she was having real bad abdominal pain and that her whole body ached.

She told me that she was not going to be able to get up and get the kids ready and asked if I would take them to school. I told her that I would be happy too and to just lay back and relax that I would be back in about an hour.

I got back about an hour later and went up to check on my wife, I found her lying on her back outside the bathroom, her lifeless eyes stared up at mine, there was no pulse, her body was cold, and parts of her hands and face were blue. Her body was taken to the State Medical Examiner's office, about three weeks later I was notified that my wife had died from the results of a seizure disorder.

The pathologist later told me that her brain structure was intact, that there was no sign of any hemorrhage or aneurysm, her heart was clear and disease free, body organs were all fine, her lungs and air passages were clear and she had not suffocated.

I am in the process of having an attorney subpoena my wife's medical records, in the course of my search for reasons of my wife's death, the one thing that keeps jumping out at me is the ability of effexor to produce seizures in people that have a tendency to suffer seizures to begin with, 600 mgs. of effexor and 90 mgs of remeron is an outrageous amount to be prescribed to anyone, throw in the epileptic condition and it seems criminal.

No comments: